Did you know that Cantonese opera performers always greet each other with “Good morning” no matter what time of day they meet? Or that in traditional tea houses balcony seats cost more than those closer to the stage? To find out why, join our Xiqu Centre Guided Tour and learn about our new venue and the rich history of the art of xiqu. The 60-minute tours, conducted in Cantonese, English or Mandarin, help you explore the Xiqu Centre facilities, learn about the architectural and design features, and discover fascinating facts about the culture and stories behind the art of xiqu. Tours are supplemented with multimedia elements and are perfect for newcomers to the art of xiqu. (Please note, as the backstage area is an active working zone it is not part of the guided tour.) Group tours can also be arranged for schools and registered charitable or non-profit organisations on request.
The event schedule may be subject to change. The presenter reserves the right to change the programme.
Xiqu Centre information desk
20 participants per tour
Tours are suitable for ages 6 and above
$50 HKID card holders - Adults
$15 HKID card holders - Senior citizens aged 60 or above, wheelchair users and a companion, people with disabilities and a companion, Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) recipients and full-time students
(852) 2200 0022, firstname.lastname@example.org
(852) 2200 0872, email@example.com
- The route of each tour may vary. As technical and production schedules may be subject to change, for safety reasons, access to the Grand Theatre and Tea House Theatre cannot be guaranteed for each tour. We regret that advance notice on changes in access will not be provided.
- Please assemble at the Xiqu Centre information desk 15 minutes before the start of the tour. Latecomers will not be able to join a tour that is already in progress, and will not be eligible for a refund. Each tour lasts 60 minutes. Participants will be standing and walking for this time. Wheelchairs are available on request at the information desk (subject to availability). All tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users.
- Suitcases are not permitted on the tour. As there are no baggage storage facilities at the Xiqu Centre, please plan accordingly. Participants with suitcases will be turned away from the tour and will not be refunded or rescheduled.
- Participants may take photographs and make videos during the tour. However, photography and video recording is not permitted in the Grand Theatre and Tea House Theatre if setup or rehearsals are taking place.
Thursday, 22 August 2019
Sunday, 1 September 2019
Saturday, 14 September 2019
Saturday, 21 September 2019
Sunday, 29 September 2019