Latest notice: Application deadline for the West Kowloon Young Fellows Scheme (2020) has been extended from 29 January 2020 to 5:00pm, 12 February 2020. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For enquiries, please call (852) 2200 0396 or email to email@example.com.
The West Kowloon Young Fellows Scheme (Performing Arts) provides an incubating platform for the development of pioneering learning and participation programmes for the Hong Kong performing arts sector. The Fellowship encourages young, aspiring and enthusiastic artists, arts administrators, scholars, researchers and postgraduate students to develop a diverse range of creative arts learning, public participation, community engagement and audience building projects that will expand and contribute to the arts ecology in Hong Kong.
Applications are now open for original initiatives that embrace the aims of the fellowship and will be conducted in Hong Kong.
Aims of the fellowship:
- To encourage the research and development of learning and participatory programmes and practice-led initiatives.
- To incubate creative ideas and foster their realisation.
- To support young talents in developing creative and inspiring projects, and encourage collaboration with artists, arts organisations, schools, institutions, and community groups, across diverse art forms.
- To generate insightful findings beneficial for the planning and development of the Hong Kong performing arts sector.
- To cultivate wider community interest in the performing arts by promoting audience building and encouraging community engagement in programme planning.
- To expand the potential audience base for the Hong Kong performing arts sector.
Applications are welcome from young and emerging artists, arts administrators, scholars, researchers and postgraduate students (aged 40 or below). Each successful fellow will receive HK$60,000 for conducting the projects and related activities. A maximum of HK$10,000 for expenses incurred on project-related activities can be reimbursed. (Up to three fellowships will be awarded)
Awarded fellows are required to regularly report project progress, submit relevant reports and deliver a pitching presentation upon project completion. Projects showing promising potential may be considered for West Kowloon’s future learning and participation programmes. In such cases, fellows will be invited to further co-develop their projects.
May - December 2020
Individual applications are welcome from young artists, arts administrators, scholars, researchers and postgraduate students
5:00pm, 12 February 2020 (Wednesday)
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For enquiries, please call (852) 2200 0396 or email to email@example.com.
For details on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines and Application Form below.
(363 KB pdf file)
(184 KB docx file)