Cantonese opera is one of Hong Kong’s most popular heritage art forms. On stage, each performance is a colourful spectacle that combines singing, acting, recitation, combat and dance with bold make up, striking costumes and lively musical accompaniment.
In this fun paper doll workshop, our facilitators help you learn about the costumes, colours and accessories worn by different characters in Cantonese opera plays.
This event is free and suitable for participants of all ages.
16 May 2021 (Sunday)
Session 1: 3:00pm–3:30pm
Session 2: 3:45pm–4:15pm
Session 3: 4:30pm–5:00pm
Atrium, Xiqu Centre
Free admission. Tickets and registration not required.
Please contact Ms Chan (852) 2200 0812 during office hours or email email@example.com.
For the safety of participants, visitors, artists and staff, please note the following health precautions:
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times in the venue.
- Temperature checks will be carried out before admission. Visitors showing a temperature of 37.5°C or above will not be able to participate.
- Special seating arrangement and capacity control have been implemented. Please follow the instructions of our staff.
- If you have travelled outside of Hong Kong in the past 14 days or are wearing a home quarantine tracking wristband, please wait until your quarantine period is over before visiting West Kowloon.
- Special Arrangements in Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Hong Kong sign language interpretation is available upon request with at least 14 days’ advance notice.
Adverse Weather Arrangements:
If a black rainstorm warning or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is in force three hours before the start of the event, the event will be rescheduled or cancelled.