Following the overwhelming response to its 2020 premiere, Giant Steps is making a triumphant return this summer.
In this 90-minute workshop designed for both children and their parents or care takers, a team of experienced jazz musicians and tap dancers will introduce the fundamental elements of jazz such as rhythm, call-and-response and improvisation.
Kids and their adult companions will get to explore swing and Latin jazz styles through harmonising, movement games and simple tap footwork, and have the chance to join an impromptu jamming session at the end of the workshop.
Cantonese and English sessions will be held separately.
Cantonese and English
Creative and Performance Team:
Project Director: CMgroovy
Tap Dancers / Facilitators: Karen Chan, Eve Leung, Mandy Petty
Tap Dancer: Calvin Tang
Band Leader / Drummer: Nate Wong
Double Bassist: Jordie Guzman
Saxophonist: Scott Murphy
Jazz Organist: Johnson Ho
9–11 July 2021 (Friday–Sunday)
14–18 July 2021 (Wednesday–Sunday)
The Room, Freespace,
Art Park, West Kowloon Cultural District (Getting to Freespace)
Suitable for primary school students P.1 to P.6 and their parents or care takers
$250 (Includes 1 child and 1 adult)
- Enjoy an early bird discount of 10% between 10 and 31 May 2021. This discount is not available in conjunction with other promotion offers.
- 10% discount for purchases of 3 or more tickets after 1 June 2021. (single transaction)
- Half price for Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) recipients. Ticket holders must present proof of eligibility on admission. Concessionary tickets are available on a first come, first served basis. Ticket holders must present proof of eligibility on admission.
From 1 June 2021, customers who have purchased family package for Rolex Presents William Forsythe’s Nowhere and Everywhere at the Same Time No.2 can enjoy 10% discount on standard tickets for Giant Steps. There is no limit on the number of tickets you can purchase with this offer. Customers can purchase discounted tickets online or by phone using the discount code on the electronic ticket or present the family package ticket at the ticket office.
- In line with the latest government regulations and in the interests of community health, the capacity is currently operating at reduced levels which may affect the admission arrangement. Please check back for event announcements and updates.
- For the safety of participants, visitors, artists and staff, please note the following health precautions:
- Please provide contact information when purchasing tickets.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times in the venue.
- Temperature checks will be carried out before admission. Visitors showing a temperature of 37.5°C or above will not be able to participate.
- Special seating arrangements are being implemented. Please follow the instructions of our staff.
- If you have travelled outside of Hong Kong in the past 14 days or are wearing a home quarantine tracking wristband, please wait until your quarantine period is over before visiting West Kowloon.
- Special Arrangements in Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
(852) 2200 0022, firstname.lastname@example.org
(852) 2200 0872, email@example.com
Adverse Weather Arrangements:
If a black rainstorm warning or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is in force three hours before the start of the event, the event will be cancelled.
Tickets available from 10 May 2021 (Monday) at 10:00am.