Presented as part of Freespace Jazz Fest, Jazz Imaginarium is a multisensory, site-specific event that merges musical improvisation, digital imagery and state of the art technology. Transforming Freespace’s black box theatre into an immersive meditative space, the collaborative installation offers audiences a unique, sonic-visual experience with live, improvised and recorded music and images.
Participating artists include musicians Ted Lo, Joyce Cheung and Tsui Chin-hung, video artist Rodney Ma Lap-yin, spatial designer Jan Wong, lighting designer Ma Ka-wai and sound designer Jason Szeto. The programme is curated by Kung Chi-shing and Yuen Cheuk-wa.
Jazz Imaginarium is presented and produced by Freespace and the School of Theatre and Entertainment Arts, The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts.
Curators: Kung Chi-shing and Yuen Cheuk-wa
Musicians: Ted Lo, Joyce Cheung, Tsui Chin-hung and others
Video Artist: Rodney Ma Lap-yin
Spatial Designer: Jan Wong
Lighting Designer: Ma Ka-wai
Sound Designer: Jason Szeto
6 November 2020 (Friday)
Approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes without intermission
The Box, Freespace, Art Park, West Kowloon Cultural District (Getting to Freespace)
20% discount for senior citizens aged 60 or above, people with disabilities and a companion, wheelchair users and a companion, Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) recipients and full-time students. Ticket holders must present proof of eligibility on admission.
- Children under the age of 6 will not be admitted.
- The performance may contain strong / strobe lighting and smoke
- The organiser reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the event
- For the safety of participants, visitors, artists and staff, please note the following health precautions:
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times in the venue.
- Temperature checks will be carried out before admission. Visitors showing a temperature of 37.5°C or above will not be able to participate.
- If you have travelled outside of Hong Kong in the past 14 days or are wearing a home quarantine tracking wristband, please wait until your quarantine period is over before visiting West Kowloon.
- Special Arrangements in Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Discount offers at our restaurants and cafes for Freespace Jazz Fest ticket holders
Jazz Fest ticket holders may claim a same-day Discount Redemption Card and enjoy the following special offers at our restaurants and cafes. Details
(852) 2200 0022, email@example.com
(852) 2200 0011 (Hotline available only on event dates), firstname.lastname@example.org
For accessibility services, please contact Jessie Chung on (852) 2200 0794 or email email@example.com
Adverse Weather Arrangements:
If a black rainstorm warning or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is in force three hours before the start of the event, the event will be cancelled.