Join us in an interactive workshop designed for children at Freespace. In this 100-minute immersive experience, kids will learn the behind-the-scenes technical basics of the theatre, including lighting, sound effects and set and props. They will have first-hand experience in the process behind the curtain essential to running a show, and have a go at supporting a technical rehearsal as a member of a real stage crew team.
All the above are Master of Fine Arts in Drama students of The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts (majoring in Drama and Theatre Education)
Creative and Production Team:
Scriptwriter and Director: Lilian Luk
Set Designer: Bill Cheung
Producer: Alyson Chan
Assistant Producer: Belle Chan
Coordinators: Nancy Kwok, Joey Ng
Technical In-charge: TY Tsui
Stage Manager: Olivia Tse
Lighting Concept: Billy Wong
Audio Concept: Rebecca Chan
Audio Engineer: Cheung Wa-kin
|5 June 2021 (Saturday)||11:00am–12:40pm|
|6 June 2021 (Sunday)||11:00am–12:40pm|
|12 June 2021 (Saturday)||11:00am–12:40pm|
|13 June 2021 (Sunday)||11:00am–12:40pm|
Art Park, West Kowloon Cultural District (Getting to Freespace)
Suitable for children aged 6 to 8, participants must be accompanied by an adult. (The adult will not participate.)
Each ticket admits 1 child
10% discount for purchases of 2 or more tickets (single transaction)
- In line with the latest government regulations and in the interests of community health, the capacity is currently operating at reduced levels which may affect the admission arrangement. Please check back for event announcements and updates.
- For the safety of participants, visitors, artists and staff, please note the following health precautions:
- Please provide contact information when purchasing tickets.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times in the venue.
- Temperature checks will be carried out before admission. Visitors showing a temperature of 37.5°C or above will not be able to participate.
- Capacity control is being implemented. Please follow the instructions of our staff.
- If you have travelled outside of Hong Kong in the past 14 days or are wearing a home quarantine tracking wristband, please wait until your quarantine period is over before visiting West Kowloon.
- Special Arrangements in Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
(852) 2200 0022, firstname.lastname@example.org
(852) 2200 0812, email@example.com
Seats for wheelchair users can be booked through our online ticketing system. For enquiries, please contact us at (852) 2200 0022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adverse Weather Arrangements:
If a black rainstorm warning or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is in force three hours before the start of the event, the event will be rescheduled or cancelled.
School of Drama, The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts
The School of Drama believes that its unique position in Asia offers an insight into this artform that will both inform and develop significant creativity and distinctive artists to engage with and feed the cultural community of Hong Kong, the Mainland and beyond. The School of Drama strives to be an incubator, catalyst and repository of the values and importance of the dramatic and performative arts and expresses this in the nurturing of actors, directors, playwrights and teachers who will function as practitioner-artists making a tangible difference to their community and their chosen discipline.
Tickets available from 23 April 2021 (Friday) at 10:00am.