Local poet and storyteller Yuen Che-hung – affectionately known as Uncle Hung – returns to Freespace with an interactive storytelling workshop for children aged four to nine.
Joined by local musicians Chan Wai-fat and Lau Chi-bun, Uncle Hung leads young participants into the magical world of imagination and play. Through live music and fun conversations, children are encouraged to make up and tell their own stories and to co-create a poem with Uncle Hung.
After the workshop, participants may also be invited to join Uncle Hung and the musicians and read the poems they have created in a special performance. Details to be announced soon.
6 March 2021 (Saturday)
7 March 2021 (Sunday)
2:00pm–3:30pm (Recommended for children aged 4 to 6)
4:30pm–6:00pm (Recommended for children aged 7 to 9)
The Studio, Freespace, Art Park, West Kowloon Cultural District (Getting to Freespace)
Each ticket admits 1 child and 1 parent/guardian
Maximum 12 children and 12 accompanying adults per workshop
- In line with the latest government regulations and in the interests of community health, the seating capacity is currently operating at reduced levels which may affect the admission and seating arrangement. Please check back for event announcements and updates.
- Suitable for children aged 4 to 9 accompanied by an adult
- For the safety of participants, visitors, artists and staff, please note the following health precautions:
- Please provide contact information when purchasing tickets.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times in the venue.
- Temperature checks will be carried out before admission. Visitors showing a temperature of 37.5°C or above will not be able to participate.
- Special seating arrangements are being implemented. Please follow the instructions of our staff.
- If you have travelled outside of Hong Kong in the past 14 days or are wearing a home quarantine tracking wristband, please wait until your quarantine period is over before visiting West Kowloon.
- Special Arrangements in Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
(852) 2200 0022, firstname.lastname@example.org
Adverse Weather Arrangements:
If a black rainstorm warning or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is in force three hours before the start of the event, the event will be cancelled.
About Artistic Team:
“Uncle Hung” Yuen Che-hung
Yuen Che-hung is a storyteller, poet and the founder of No Hurry Story Workshop, an organisation that engages children and adults to co-create stories and poems. He has published picture books, story collections, poetry and books on education.
A graduate of the Department of Music at The University of Hong Kong, Chan Wai-fat is a freelance composer, sound designer and performer who has participated in more than 100 productions. He has won a Hong Kong Drama Award for Best Sound Design and four Hong Kong Drama Awards for Best Score.
Musician Lau Chi-bun has been creating and performing live music since 2006. He has worked with many theatre troupes, including with On & On Theatre Workshop for the Play Reading Marathon 2015 and Theatre Horizon for Century-old Dreams of a Fishing Harbour – Episode II. Nightmares (2016).
Tickets available from 19 February 2021 (Friday) at 10:00am.