In light of the current situation, "Cantonese Opera Movement Workshop – Mime a Carriage" due to take place 20 December 2020 has been tentatively rescheduled to 21 March 2021. Details will be announced on www.westkowloon.hk in due course.
All xiqu performers have to master a number of key skills. One of these is mime. With mime and simple props, performers can use gestures and movement to convey time, location, mood and storyline on an otherwise almost empty stage. For example, two performers, each with a flag, can pair up to mime riding in a carriage using body language to express whether the ride is smooth or bumpy, and whether the carriage is moving up or downhill.
On 20 December, join us with a friend or partner at our Atrium workshop and let the tutors of Cha Duk Chang Children’s Cantonese Opera Association guide you through the basic techniques for miming a carriage.
20 December 2020 (Sunday)
Session 1: 3:00pm—3:30pm
Session 2: 3:45pm—4:15pm
Session 3: 4:30pm—5:00pm
Atrium, Xiqu Centre
Free admission. Tickets and registration not required.
Ms Chan (852) 2200 0831, email@example.com
For the safety of participants, visitors, artists and staff, please note the following health precautions:
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times in the venue.
- Temperature checks will be carried out before admission. Visitors showing a temperature of 37.5°C or above will not be able to participate.
- Special seating arrangements are being implemented. Please follow the instructions of our staff.
- If you have travelled outside of Hong Kong in the past 14 days or are wearing a home quarantine tracking wristband, please wait until your quarantine period is over before visiting West Kowloon.
- Special Arrangements in Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Cantonese audio description and Hong Kong sign language interpretation are available on request with at least 14 days’ advance notice.
Adverse Weather Arrangements:
If a black rainstorm warning or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is in force three hours before the start of the event, the event will be cancelled.
Founded in 2002, Cha Duk Chang Children’s Cantonese Opera Association is the only children’s Cantonese opera company in Hong Kong committed to developing original tailor-made scripts to be performed by and for children. The association uses children’s daily life as their inspiration and everyday children’s language as the dialogue for their scripts, allowing children to act their age on stage rather than performing as miniature adults, and engaging them with Cantonese opera and Chinese culture in a fun and age-appropriate way.