SmartBike is a bike sharing programme designed to facilitate visitors’ enjoyment in West Kowloon, and to encourage them to use bicycles as a sustainable means of getting around in the District. SmartBike currently allows visitors to enjoy stunning views of Victoria Harbour and easy access to cultural venues, restaurants and cafes along the harbour front.
The SmartBike service is operated by TWGHs BiciLine Cycling Eco-Tourism Social Enterprise (BiciLine) and is a perfect way to have fun and keep fit with family and friends.
Opening Days and Hours (with exceptions)
- 2pm – 7pm (Tuesday to Friday)
- 10am – 7pm (Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday)
Last ride departs no later than 6pm
Close on Monday (except Public Holiday)
The SmartBike service will be suspended immediately if Typhoon Signal No. 3 or above or an Amber, Red or Black Rainstorm Warning or Thunderstorm Warning is in force. The service will be resumed within two hours after the signal is cancelled. If the signal is cancelled less than 2 hours before the normal closing time, the service will remain closed.
For enquiries or operation details, please contact BiciLine’s service hotline 61823481 or visit Facebook page.
HK$20 per hour (or part of an hour)
Smart Card is priced at HK$50, includes HK$10 non-refundable handling charge and a preload value of HK$40.
There is no refundable deposit on the Smart Card. The card can be retained and topped up using Octopus or cash at the SmartBike service kiosk. If you would like to cancel your card, please return it to the kiosk for a refund on any remaining value. Once the stored value has been refunded, your card will be permanently de-activated.
Please provide proof of identity to register and pay at the SmartBike service kiosk before your ride. After enjoying your ride, please return the bike at the kiosk.
- For your safety, we advise you to wear a helmet before setting off. You may bring your own or rent one from the kiosk for HK$15 per session.
- SmartBikes are for use in the park only.
- The minimum height for SmartBike users is 150cm.
- Children’s bikes of various sizes are also available for users under 150cm tall. Bikes with training wheels, suitable for children aged 3 to 5 years and/or under 90cm in height, are also available.
- Please be reminded that children should ride with adult supervision.
- Please refer to the detailed rental and service terms and conditions at our service kiosk.
Click the map pointers to check out the real-time availability of bikes and bike docks. Click here to view the map full screen.
(252 KB pdf file)